The Beta release of v1.1 was rolled on 2nd January of 2016 and is doing pretty well so far. This version introduces a new responsive booking wizard which will enable customers to book appointments easily from their mobile devices.
There are also other important changes that will make Easy!Appointments more flexible and stable such as the drop of mod_rewrite which was causing various issues to different server environments that weren’t properly configured.
From now on administrators will be able to set a Google Analytics code which will be included in the booking page so that they can track their website visits in that page as well.
In extend the upcoming version includes optionally CAPTCHA validation for the booking wizard, various date formats and the ability to disable customer notifications, a setting which will enable users to use Easy!Appointments only as their company’s agenda.
Below there is a list of the GitHub issues that were closed during this milestone.
- Issue #4: Raising more useful exceptions and enable error logging by default.
- Issue #6: Business Logic created is not getting assigned to service provider.
- Issue #10: Unable to use address tags in email address.
- Issue #13: Upgrade to Bootstrap 3.x.x.
- Issue #14: Add Google Analytics tracking for the booking page.
- Issue #15: Add CAPTCHA validation to booking page.
- Issue #16: Responsive frontend (booking wizard).
- Issue #18: Duration is not changing when adding a new appointment.
- Issue #21: Fix E!A installation problems with AJAX requests.
- Issue #25: Add a disable customer mail notifications setting in the backend.
- Issue #27: Support american time format within the app (dynamic display formats).
- Issue #31: Double booking when two users try to book the same appointment hour and at the same time.
- Issue #38: Renamed
config.phpand changed the
Config. This class will contain constants with the project configuration and will be statically used.
- Issue #39: Add latest translations to source code so that user can select them immediately.
- Issue #40: Removed
.htaccessfile and updated all the URLs with the
index.phpfile so that mod_rewrite problems are eliminated.
- Issue #41: Removed
cancel.phpfile. Frontend must use the
message.phpfile for displaying simple messages to user.
- Issue #42: Place all external assets to “ext” directory.
- Issue #66: Trouble with breaks for providers.
The release date of the new version is the 25th January of 2016. Till then download the Beta version and test it thoroughly on your server.
You can also be part of the project by contributing in the localization as explained in a previous post.